1.3K views
3.7

These guys used to work for Google and they were taught how to remove information and now they are charging for that knowledge. It's not right and not fair to be charging for this kind of information.

The information shared online is public domain and should be free to everyone. This is total BS to charge to remove my information.

I asked how much and they said $3000, just to remove my personal information. It's my information right?????? Why should I be charged for this.

This entire industry of charging people to remove information is not fair and not right. Someone needs to step in and take control of all this information.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Bunch of dummies in this thread!

Mugshots are public record and in the public domain.

If you don'tike your mugshots online then why don't you try to not get arrested?

My questions are:

-why people who are not related to respective governmental agencies who keep information for work purposes, allowed access to the information for purposes of publishing it in internet?

-what right do they have to publish other peoples close-up images without permission

-who leaks the information?

-isnt it in the heart of gossip when person A finds something negative about person B, then spreads this hurtful information? Does the scale of it increase when such powerful information tool as internet is used?

-why is it that an image taken in such a serious organization as police department, leaks to internet?

-isnt it an extortion to seek financial gain in exchange to not threatening a persons future career by publishing such information? -doesnt existing judiciary system take care that a person who made a mistake pays for it, that an additional punishment such as online publishing is needed?

I ask anyone to ask oneself a question if I made a mistake, would I want my image as well as other information like charge and fact of incarceration be published in internet? a saying goes dont count out prison cell, a beggars bowl may come as well

Orlando, Florida, United States #992291

I filed a report on the Federal Trade Commission website and I don't see my mug shots anymore. I don't know if they helped, or how it suddenly disappeared but I am glad they are gone, and I didn't pay.

I told them that internetreputation tried extorting me but I did not pay them. i wrote about what they wanted to charge me and I told them I strongly believed they owned the websites that posted my information.

you don't have to pay any more to file anybody on the FTC website. the website is https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-3

WRITE A LETTER TO FLORIDA SENATOR MARIA SACHS AND DARREN SOTO. THEY ARE MAKING THAT WILL HOPEFULLY OUTLAWS THIS IN OCTOBER 2015. IF IT PASSES THESE MUGSHOTS SITES WILL NOT LONGER BE IN BUSINESS.

join this potential lawsuit, write the attorney and ask him if you are eligible to join.

Everybody who has a mugshot online should handwrite a letter and mail it to the Google CEO. It will work.

I have heard that there is a bill in the Florida House regarding the crackdown of this extortion type websites. Other things you can do are :

1. Make a complaint to IC3. They are the federal agency that handles internet crimes.

Write to your state attorney general letting them know that you are being taking advantage of and you want them to put laws in place to protect our privacy. We are not felons, and we shouldn't have to be embarrassed.

3. Find out who the merchant processor is for the mugshot website. For example mugshots.com use a company called Payscout to accept their payments.

I then wrote a letter to Payscout demanding that they reconsider doing business with these companies.

4. Chargeback your credit card if you paid and they did not remove your photo. Chargeback's hurt them, and if they receive many chargebacks they source for funding( merchant processor) will stop doing business with them.

There is an attorney in Tampa, by the name of Maj Vasigh. His website is http://defendtampa.com/practice-areas/mugshots-lawsuits/. Please contact him, and let him know you want to join his website. If you are a sex offender you should not contact him, if you are a repeat offender don't contact him.

I firmly believe that only people who deserve a second chance should be able to join a class action lawsuit. I am not familiar with this lawyer, but I see his effort as hope for the unfortunate like me who make a silly mistake. Guys you have to stop being lazy and searching the web for answers. You have to CONTRIBUTE !!

Do you input now !!!

Stop relying on others to accomplish what you want.